Pejabat Setiausaha Kerajaan Negeri Sembilan (PSUKNS) was formed in 1948 under the leadership of the first State Secretary which is Encik Othman bin Mohamed that held office from 1st February 1949 to 27th June 1949. At the time, the building for the Pejabat Setiausaha Kerajaan Negeri Sembilan was located in the vicinity of the Seremban Flower Garden in front of H.R.H Paduka Seri Tuanku Yang Di-Pertuan Besar Negeri Sembilan’s palace. On 16th April 1987, the offices for Pejabat Setiausaha Kerajaan Negeri Sembilan was relocated to a new building nearby. The building was officiated by H.R.H Paduka Seri Tuanku Yang Di-Pertuan Besar Negeri Sembilan on 26th September 1987 and was called Wisma Negeri.
The administration of PSUKNS is divided into two main departments which are the Development Division and Management Division.
The Development Division consists of six (6) Units which are :
- State Economic Planning Unit (UPEN)
- Public Private Co-operation Unit (UKAS)
- Water Regulatory Agency (BKSA)
- Housing Unit (UP)
- Local Government Unit (UKT)
- Negeri Sembilan Tourism Board (LPNS)
The Management Division consists of twelve (12) Divisions and Units which are:
- The Chief Minister’s Office (PMB)
- Human Resource Management Division (BPSM)
- Management Services Division (BKP)
- Integrity Unit (UI)
- Information Technology Management Unit (UPTM)
- State Legislative Assembly Unit (UDUN)
- State Sports Council (MSN)
- Corporate, Innovation and Quality Unit (UKIK)
- Event Management and Protocol Unit (UPMP)
- Grassroots Institution Coordination and Monitoring Unit (UPPIAU)
- Internal Audit Unit (UAD)
- Negeri Sembilan Public Complaints Unit (UPANS)
Negeri Sembilan’s administrative and management affairs is coordinated by the Pejabat Setiausaha Kerajaan Negeri Sembilan. It also acts as a consultant in terms of economic development as well as a major planner in the development of information technology and public sector communication in Negeri Sembilan. Moreover, the Pejabat Setiausaha Kerajaan Negeri Sembilan acts as an intermediary and coordinator between State, Federal, Statutory Bodies and Local Council agencies.